Sunday, June 03, 2007

"Once"


A friend of mine recommended I go see this movie. I found one showing of it down at the Embarcadero Center Theatre. This is a fantastic film. The great thing about some independant films is the use of actors that aren't pop icons. These people are not flashy or poetic or over-dramatic. Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová are real. Their relationship is endearing and I fell in love with these two the second they were on screen. I believe the film itself is somewhat based off of the way these two met and recorded their first album together. The music is excellent, I haven't stopped listening to it since I saw the film. Unfortunately right now its only in playing in select theatres across the country, but if you live in a big city where this might be playing I recommend you go see this movie.

No comments: